Important Recycling Information
- DHEC's new E-cycle web page is familiarizing residents, businesses, and local governments with the new e-scrap rules.
- All recyclable materials must be placed inside the recycle cart UNBAGGED.
- Recyclable carts will be serviced every Friday using our automated arm trucks.
- Please put the cart curbside with the arrows facing toward the street.
- A list of recyclable materials is imprinted on the lid of the cart.
- We CANNOT recycle Styrofoam.
- There is no fee for either the cart or the pickup of recyclables.
- Every item we recycle results in savings not only to our Town but to the environment as well.
- If the Town has not already delivered one to you, you can request a recycle cart by calling (843) 913-6360 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name and property address.
Did you know that Best Buy accepts most any electric or electronic item FREE for recycling? They impose a $25 fee for certain tube TV's and monitors, but everything else is free...just drop it off at the store. Games, CD's, cell phones, laptops, and a lot more. Check out their recycling webpage at: www.BestBuy.com/recycle